Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,056 Posts
Welcome!

GM changed the shape of the quarter windows on the 73/74 models as compared to 68-72 so not all of the window reveal molding will interchange.

The piece that runs up along the front edge of the quarter window will fit from 68 all the way up to 74. But the piece that runs along the top / rear of the quarter window is specific to just 73 & 74. I don't think any companies reproduce them for 73/74 so you'll have to be on the lookout for good used pieces. They can come from either a 2-door or a hatchback. They were originally produced in both painted steel and bright aluminum versions.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome!

GM changed the shape of the quarter windows on the 73/74 models as compared to 68-72 so not all of the window reveal molding will interchange.

The piece that runs up along the front edge of the quarter window will fit from 68 all the way up to 74. But the piece that runs along the top / rear of the quarter window is specific to just 73 & 74. I don't think any companies reproduce them for 73/74 so you'll have to be on the lookout for good used pieces. They can come from either a 2-door or a hatchback. They were originally produced in both painted steel and bright aluminum versions.
I didnt know that some came painted, i thought people were painting the aluminium trim....always learning new things on this site

1 - 4 of 4 Posts