Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im guessing aftermarket doesnt have them... i have some but need new gaskets mine look like $h!+ lol will earlier gaskets fit?

·
Registered
31 Posts
unfortunally they are not in production yet, so it off to find either nos, or really nice used ones. I have seen people trace a tailamp and make a nice pateren to use to cut some craft store or industrial 1/4"? black closed cell foam and make there own. Time consuming but rewards are WORTH IT!:yes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
check online for "closed cell" foam Black would be nice.
I think some craft stores carry it. The hard problem will be to find the right thickness, big enough pieces and of course making the pattern (trial and error) I have done it on earlier 68-70 cars for side markers till they came out with decent repos (ones that were the right size and shape!)
Gook luck!:)

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
the foam gaskets seem to hold moisture. i know they are called closed cell, but they just either hold the moisture in the gasket or between the gasket and the metal work. neither of which is good. i have seen the lights put in without a gasket and then sealed w/ silicone around the lights and the painted metal.
if you do this be sure to use the silicone that doesn't set up on moisture in the air. if you use that it will suck moisture continuously and rust comes and visits you. just use the non moisture curing silicone and wipe off any excess.
maybe there is a good gasket out there and if so, let us know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
are the tail light housings interchangable? i.e. can the left one fit on the right side and vice versa...? I bought one on ebay a little while ago, but it wasn't marked LH or RH...There seems to be a lot of LHs, but RH are few and far between....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts