Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 490 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the day I picked it up. Maybe a year and a half ago. And these are a few pictures of what I have done so far. My plan for this nova is:
Fix all the body problem interior and exterior
Full disc breaks
Swap front end from a 74 to 72
Pull the 350 and put a 383
Lower the front and rear.
Rewire the car
And many more things

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/00.jpg.html]
[/URL]

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/2-1.jpg.html]
[/URL]

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/6.jpg.html]
[/URL]

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/9.jpg.html]
[/URL]

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/11.jpg.html]
[/URL]

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/imagejpg7_zpsf2b96965.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
481 Posts
Way to go! Your on your way. I should have you over when I am doing my quarter panels....:D
I like the idea of switching to a 72 front style. Is there much involved in that? Mine is a 73, and I must admit. I do like the look of the 72 and back front end better.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Way to go! Your on your way. I should have you over when I am doing my quarter panels....:D
I like the idea of switching to a 72 front style. Is there much involved in that? Mine is a 73, and I must admit. I do like the look of the 72 and back front end better.
Ya that quarter panel took a lot of time, that is just one of many things someone screwed up on that car. I haven't started to assemble the front end yet but I have everything ready to do it I just wanted to brake the front clip down so I can clean and fix that up and do the front disc. I need up buying everything new I was trying to find a parted out front clip form a 72 to just switch out but I had no luck. I haven't found a video or any pictures on that process so I will be taking pictures as I go and maybe filming some so that I can post it if any one needs that.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Ya that quarter panel took a lot of time, that is just one of many things someone screwed up on that car. I haven't started to assemble the front end yet but I have everything ready to do it I just wanted to brake the front clip down so I can clean and fix that up and do the front disc. I need up buying everything new I was trying to find a parted out front clip form a 72 to just switch out but I had no luck. I haven't found a video or any pictures on that process so I will be taking pictures as I go and maybe filming some so that I can post it if any one needs that.
Are the main things the grill and bumper? Or does the fenders and all need changed? I really like the look of a 72.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are the main things the grill and bumper? Or does the fenders and all need changed? I really like the look of a 72.
I'm pretty sure everything is bolt on but I think a little modification have to be made for the number brackets. But the fenders are the same.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today I removed the raditor and the core. I already have the new raditor and core but that will have to wait to go in. The person who worked on this car before me really scares me. I starting disconnecting the home made wire harness as we'll. I am finding more things that are wrong or poorly done. But I guess it gives me a easy decision on how I will restore the car.

I also removed the exhaust and the sweet home made hangers they made out of fencing wire. The next thing too pull the motor. And start getting the front end cleaned an painted. Also going with disc brakes.

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/imagejpg1_zpsbc706774.jpg.html]
[/URL]

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/imagejpg4_zps576cda02.jpg.html]
[/URL]

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/imagejpg3_zps6c402db4.jpg.html]
[/URL]

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/imagejpg1_zpseeb0f41a.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
481 Posts
Damn, your moving along well. Yeah, someone had fun with wire in my 73. I don't know what they were doing. I pulled a lot out of it, and threw it away. People amaze me.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn, your moving along well. Yeah, someone had fun with wire in my 73. I don't know what they were doing. I pulled a lot out of it, and threw it away. People amaze me.......:rolleyes:
Ya it's going. I figured I will just brake it down and start from new. It's hard to know what else was done wrong to her.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats the way to do it. I stopped on my suspension right now, and was looking under the dash at a bunch of added wire. Unreal!!
Ya same story here. I'm looking into the suspension stuff right now trying to figure out what to get.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Christmas came early. All my self for the front end. And my 4 point roll cage with removable cross bar.

photobucket.com/user/MBCKY2/media/imagejpg1_zpsa9cb931d.jpg.html]
[/URL]

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So it's been a busy summer for me so I haven't got to work on my car in a while but I went out this evening to start getting things ready to pull the motor. And just like many things on the car that have made me look and say wow what the heck, I have another. No header gasket you say!! No problem I have a rusty's pizza box. Yep they used a piece Of card board from a pizza box. I should be surprised but it still makes me wonder.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got a little bit of work done on the floor board. I got it cut out and fitted in. Little more work than I thought but I think it will be worth it. Just have to weld it in and I will be done. But that will have to wait because I am leaving for Hawaii today. So work will have to wait.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cleaned up and painted under that floor pan and got it tacked in. Had to do a little modification to get it in but its in.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After a few days Finally got the floor pan in. I also finally removed all the horrible wiring and got the dash out. I found some more crappy work near the back were they put a bunch of screws through the floor for some reason, So I got those all patched and filled. Its almost time to start getting the cage in and prime the floor.

1 - 20 of 490 Posts