Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's it going guys I have a 1974 nova and building a 383 but having problems with the 7qt pan it's has the earlier tall mounts on the frame and the front of the pan hit crossmember before even all the way down? Anyone else have his issue I noticed prothane make a tall style motor mount wondering if that would work any ideas?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had the same problem on my 72 when they shipped the motor the first pan hit so they sent out another that hit then ordered one local and that hit so I put back the stock mounts and ordered a milodon pan with the shallow front section and everything fit perfect but apparently there are 2 types of mounts for novas tall and short maybe the tall ones would work with a normal pan ?

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
I had the same problem on my 72 when they shipped the motor the first pan hit so they sent out another that hit then ordered one local and that hit so I put back the stock mounts and ordered a milodon pan with the shallow front section and everything fit perfect but apparently there are 2 types of mounts for novas tall and short maybe the tall ones would work with a normal pan ?
The two style mounts require two different frame stands.

I run a Milodon on this 383 and on the last two 383's in 3rd gens also. Also run that pan on my 406 in my 71 I had also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts