Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my rebuilt engine in the car now. I would like to put the HEI dist in but the car came with points. What would I have to do to switch it out (wiring) or am I stuck with the points type ignition? I'm not as well versed when it comes to wiring. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,072 Posts
Do an advanced search in the electrical area. There's a lot of threads on this topic:yes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
The best I remeber all have to do pull your old distributor drop your hei in and have a hot wire from ignition to hot on hei

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The best I remeber all have to do pull your old distributor drop your hei in and have a hot wire from ignition to hot on hei
Thats how I did mine, wasn't too complicated hardest part I didnt line up the slot right on the shaft so i had to yank it again

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I tapped right in to my fuse block to make it look factory.:yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
You have to pick out the sealer after you remove the fuse block on the fire wall side and locate the wire for the coil and squeeze it long ways with needle nose pliers and push it out. Cut the tab and attach the HEI wire to the tab, reinsert tab where it was originally and you're good to go!:yes:

·
Registered
423 Posts
what i did with mine, i terminated all of the wires leaving my harness going to the coil except the hot/power and the tach signal wire, put the hot in the HEI and the tach signal in the HEI thats all i did and bee running fine for 3 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts