Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
6,647 Posts
The carpet was held on by the steel trim edging. I would also think that some contact spray glue would also help hold it on.

Here's a picture from another member's 73 hatchback:

When I bought the carpet set for my 74 hatchback I ordered extra carpet in bulk and unmolded as well as some edge welting for the back of the fold down seat and the hatch floor.

Jim

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thank you. That is what i needed. It has been too many years and I could not remember. I appreciate the picture.

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,166 Posts
More pics

That's my 73 above. I researched the Net and old adds etc trying to get the carpet as close to original as I could. here's some of that research and a few picsof mine:

Attachments

·
Registered
1973 Custom hatchback
1,166 Posts
others

Hers's some pics of other 73/74 hatchback I found. Hit me up with any questions. Note the "nid panel" has carpet on the side facing there rear seat when the seat is up. I add that detail cause it looks a bit confusing. Lucky for me al my stuff was black, easier to paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you post a pic of the floor lifted up? I have never seen what it looks like. I am trying to piece this car together. What type of material is the cover made of?

Attachments

·
6,647 Posts
Can you post a pic of the floor lifted up? I have never seen what it looks like. I am trying to piece this car together. What type of material is the cover made of?
I call the top floor a false floor in that it lifts up in the middle to be able to access the space saver tire,bumper jack, tire inflator, and whatever else might be stored there. The side panels that go from the center opening to the side plastic are screwed down and are in a fixed position and are attached to some standoffs from the main floor. There is also a sheet metal panel in a fixed position to fill in between the center sections hinge and the back of the fold down rear seat.

From a google search:

http://davidsclassiccars.com/images...et-1970-1971-camaro-1972-1973-ss-74-69-11.jpg

And some of the stand off's in my 74 when I was making the subwoofer enclosures:

1974 Nova Hatchback Subwoofer Enclosure (Stealth)

And after the side metal panel was modified to have a grill built into it:

Also do a search on Ebay as I have seen some of the hatchback floor metal for sale now and then.Just be aware that only the 73 and 74's are the same while the 75-79 are different.

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome, real good info and pics, ingenious use of space, never thought of that. Our cars identical mine is 73. I am having a real hard time here in Manitoba to find OEM parts. Do you have a picture of that center lift up panel? Is it made of 1/4" peg board material, shiny one side ruff on other?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts