Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a line on a 1974 Pontiac GTO. If you don't know it's an X Body Ventura. This on happens to be a Ventura Custom. My one big concern is the dash at the bottom of the windshield is complete gone. Does anyone know how difficult this will be to repair? Does someone make a patch panel for this or is this something you have to fabricate?

Also, is this thing as rare as it seems to be? Not many of them available. If this one is a true indicator, I bet there's not many of them left. Seems like rust is everywhere.

Thanks!
Jim Smith

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
The only way would be to get a donor car. Drill out all the spot welds on both cars. Kind of a pane. I have done it a few times. The 74 GTO is kind of rare and finding parts is real tough. I know I have one. Finding a true 4 speed car is real hard. But on the good side a lot of the nova parts will work.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I know where theres a couple of '74 GTO's in Mt Airy, MD. :rolleyes:
Id give you the address but the owner said hes gonna fix 'em all one day. He have to do it soon hes at least 85.

they arent that rare if it's that rusty then find a better car to start with,

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the rarity, but not the rust. So, the wife got me a 74 Nova for Father's Day. Almost all original, in pretty decent shape. A LOT less rust, so that makes me happy.

Jim Smith

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just over 7k made. The do have a following and are worth a decent amount in parts if things like the hood and front end are good. They dont' repop any of those parts - same with the Ventura. I happen to have 2 NOS Ventura fenders for my 71 I picked up from Ames.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I like the rarity, but not the rust. So, the wife got me a 74 Nova for Father's Day. Almost all original, in pretty decent shape. A LOT less rust, so that makes me happy.

Jim Smith
Wow ... very cool. Does your wife have a sister? :devil:

Jeff

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes she does, but you wouldn't want her. She's got a voice like Fran Drezer(sp). :eek:

Jim Smith

1 - 10 of 10 Posts