Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive been stuck on this for so time. Have a 74 4 door that im dropping a 454 into. The block came out of a 73 chevelle wagon. The car had a 350 and a/c. I have the mounts and brackets for the 350 but im stuck as what do i need for a bbc swap. The brackets are part # 3998657 and 3998658... can i use them or do i need something else for the bbc. Will someone be able to provide p/n or link. As i read im hearing some mounts work for some and not for others. Thanks

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I would think if the chassis mount ate located properly the engine should fit. I don't have anything with a big block to prove or disprove but Ido have several chassis and SBC engines that use the clamshell style mounts.. So far all the hardware I've used has interchanged.. I just picked up a couple of used SBC crate engines one of which came out of a 1 ton truck and I set it on a G body chassis as it came with the clamshells from the truck.. They are a bit of a pain to get lined up but they did eventually seat as they should.. Do you have a couple of different sets of mounting holes in your crossmember? Those/your car was available with straight 6, V6, & V8 engine options. I would think it is a matter of positioning the chassis mounts in the right location on the crossmember for the big block application..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts