Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to install a new passengers side kick panel in my 73. The car has A/C and I was trying to put the kickpanel in without removing the plastic shroud that covers the backside of the condenser, but realized it needs to come out. My question is has anyone had to remove that shroud? I've looked it over and can't figure how it comes out without removing stuff under the hood. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The only way I can see doing it is by removing the heater box on the outside and then removing the inner box to get it out of the way. It has the big plastic vent piece that fits inside the body, right?
I think the only way to do it is the way I mentioned above. good luck.
Tim

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dang, just pulled mine all apart. have pics. I think you can get away with pulling the box out from the inside only. Unhook you heater hoses in the engine compartment. You will have spillage inside when pulling the box out. You may be able to unbolt it and pull it out just enough to get the kick panel out without unhooking all the controls. Hope this helps. I can send you some pics if you shoot me your email address.
Dann

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dann
didn't you have to unbolt it from the engine compartment?? All the ones from GM that I have taken apart all unbolt from the box in the engine compartment.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts