Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1973 Nova w/350/TH350. Power drum brakes all around. Daily Driver. Stock height. 15in wheels.

I'm looking for a complete powered front disc brake conversion kit for less than $800. I've read about The Right Stuff conversion kits that cost about $550. They seem to be hit or miss depending on the vehicle. Has anyone used one on a 73? Wilwood has two options available under $800. Are there any other options I've overlooking? Is the wilwood kit worth the extra money on a daily driver?

I'm not drag racing but I would like to be able to lock up the front wheels and burning rubber.

·
Registered
1972 Nova
373 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
I used the Right Stuff kit worked great. It uses the 69 camaro caliper and pads. Will fit fine with 15 inch wheels and perfect fir a daily. You can also find used ls1 camaro brakes but that takes some modifying to the drum spindles but can be done on the cheap. Just not sure if a 15 inch wheel will still work with the ls1 brakes

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check these links out:
http://www.pozziracing.com/12_corvette_brakes_on_fgen.htm
http://www.pozziracing.com/cheap_big_brakes.htm

Otherwise if you can find a set of stock disc brakes from a 68-74 Nova I've heard they are actually very good (I have a set sitting at home, but kept with drums for now so I can piece a kit together). Just remember that these will make your front wheels stick out anywhere from 1/4"-1/2".
Thanks for the sharing those links, very helpful.

I used the Right Stuff kit worked great. It uses the 69 camaro caliper and pads. Will fit fine with 15 inch wheels and perfect fir a daily. You can also find used ls1 camaro brakes but that takes some modifying to the drum spindles but can be done on the cheap. Just not sure if a 15 inch wheel will still work with the ls1 brakes
Thanks for the insight. I was talking to a friend about disc brakes and he said that any disc brake kit I choose will be such a significant upgrade that it's not worth it to spend extra money on a high-end name brand. I'm going to go with the Right stuff Power brake conversion kit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts