Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know iv'e seen it done.I want to put 73-74 door glass in my 72. I like the deleted wing window look. Will i have to change regulators? Can i use the 72 regulators? I know i'll have to get 73-74 door rubber and window felts. Is there any other changes? Any body have any pictures? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
you could probably get complete nice doors for the price of the parts, if you get doors get 73's i dont think they have the crash plate in them like in 74's

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you could probably get complete nice doors for the price of the parts, if you get doors get 73's i dont think they have the crash plate in them like in 74's
Yeah,your're right but i already bought new door skins for the 72 doors,so im commited to them. And since the old skins are already removed,putting the door glass in and regulators should be a snap. I also just bought door glass from a 73 on e-bay for 99.00.Just ned to know if i need regulators or not.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
They dont reproduce 73-74 glass so i'd be careful...it took my 4 months to find glass and it was hell! Thats my biggest fear about the nova is someone breaking the glass on it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The regulators are different and bolt to the door different. You also have to deal with the run channel at the front of the door and fixing where the vent window bolts to the frame. The door panels are different as well, that probably doesn't matter to you though.

You would be better to find a set of doors shells and put your skins on them if they need it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
You need 73-74 regulators and frt channel. Regulators will bolt to your door. You have to drill a hole. Also drill 2 holes for the frt. channel. You can use your door panels. You have to buy inner and outer window felts foe a 73-74 nover and screw them on your panel.. I have 2 frt tinted glass. Also Think a member Allen 396 sells alot of 73-74 parts that might help you..
Bryan

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There was a member (JOEY-T)on this board that had a really good thread about
step-by-step instructions on how to do this. That thread does not exist anymore but I did print it out.. Tried scanning it but it didn't come our really clear..

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is exactly what I'm thinking about doing! So the 73-4 front window channel is a bolt on or is it welded to door shell? Can I buy a 73-4 front channel and regulator? I've seen the new glass, run channel weatherstrips, and inner/outer belt moldings already. Love the fact we can use the 69-72 trim panels. I know 68 trim panels have lock knob further rearward. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts