Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted a few details over in the new members section, thought I might give more specifics here.

This is a first for me, never owned a Nova before! Always admired their classy lines, but till now it's just been a dream. I bought it on Sept. 8th from a small mom/pop car lot over in east Tennessee. Was going out there on vacation anyway, so I just took my truck and trailer instead of the wifeys van. :no: :yes: :D

The detals below are a combination of what I was told by the car dealer and what I have been able to see, put together and figure out.

I think I'm going to REALLY enjoy this car!!!

1972, non a/c car. Deep Purple metallic with Black stripes, 4” Cowl Induction Hood. Paint is a 6 - 7 on a 10 scale. It looks really good from about 10 feet, has quite a few flaws up close. But thats ok, I was looking for a driver, couldn't afford a show car even if I had wanted one....I'm happy with it!

Vin Decoded - 27 code (2 door sedan), F code (307) engine, Digit 6 is a 2 (1972 model)
W code assembly (Willow Run, MI plant)

Balanced 383 (according to previous owner)

Pro Comp Aluminum heads with 1.6 roller rockers

.544 lift hydraulic roller cam (based on measured pushrod lift x 1.6)

Edellbrock 600 replaced with Holley 750 (10/4/2011)

Edelbrock Torker II intake (soon to be a Performer RPM)

Accel HEI Ignition

Hedman coated headers

New 2 ½“ exhaust with Flowmasters and crossover pipe, tailpipes exit behind rear tires

Turbo 350 with 2500 stall and B&M Z-Gate shifter

New radiator with electric fan.

Power steering

Power brakes with factory front disc

New interior, non OEM front bucket seats, Grant steering wheel, Grant “No Wheel/No Steal” anti theft removable wheel kit.

Sun Super Tach + 3 gauge cluster

New gas tank

New front and rear bumpers

Battery relocated to trunk

Completely rebuilt front end, new shocks, all new body to frame doughnuts.

10 bolt with posi, 3.08 gears, rear air shocks.

Frame connectors and bumper style traction bars

New Weld Drag Lite wheels with new Winston Winner R/T Radials 255/60/15 rear, 215/65/15 fronts

Right front

Right rear

Front

Left Rear

Rear

Interior

Engine Compartment

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
Oh yeah!
Need I say anymore,
Ok I will that is beautiful, a well done piece of work! :yes:
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Those seats look like the GenIII Camaro seats that I have in my '63 sedan.

Car is definately "burple" - Love it, looks great!!!

I'm not sure what the seats are out of, they weren't bolt in replacements, have had some "adapting" done.

Thanks guys for the nice comments.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beautiful, Very nice!! What kind of mirrors are those?
I'm not very knowledgeable on these cars, I just supposed they were the originals. Maybe not? :confused:

Thanks for all the nice comments! I told the wife that if I was going to paint a car, I would never have picked that color. But......after I got the car, the more I look at it the better I like it, and I told her the other day that if I ever have to repaint it, I'll probably go back with this color. :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'm not very knowledgeable on these cars, I just supposed they were the originals. Maybe not? :confused:

Thanks for all the nice comments! I told the wife that if I was going to paint a car, I would never have picked that color. But......after I got the car, the more I look at it the better I like it, and I told her the other day that if I ever have to repaint it, I'll probably go back with this color. :)
I Love my purple Nova and would NEVER change the colour. It gives the car personality. Everyone will know you around town for sure. There is no hiding or blending in when it's purple. Nice looking ride. Enjoy!:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I Love my purple Nova and would NEVER change the colour. It gives the car personality. Everyone will know you around town for sure. There is no hiding or blending in when it's purple. Nice looking ride. Enjoy!:D
I like your car to, I looked at the photos in your album. Man, REALLY nice 69 SS you have! Did you do it yourself?

I think your color is maybe one shade lighter than mine is. And your right, it does give the car a lot of personality! Wow! Everywhere I go in it people are giving me thumbs ups! I haven't had one person yet look at it and say that they didn't like the color.

They are all like :yes::yes: :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I like your car to, I looked at the photos in your album. Man, REALLY nice 69 SS you have! Did you do it yourself?

I think your color is maybe one shade lighter than mine is. And your right, it does give the car a lot of personality! Wow! Everywhere I go in it people are giving me thumbs ups! I haven't had one person yet look at it and say that they didn't like the color.

They are all like :yes::yes: :yes: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Royal Purple is the colour and the shade changes with the light. I bought "Wild Thing" with the paint already done but have since changed out pretty much everything else. I am not so sure the colour would look good on most cars but on a Nova it works beautifully. Enjoy!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very very nice. I love the color

Is that an AMC Pacer in one of them pix ? Don't see many of them any more..lol
I think it's a Pacer, those pics were taken at the used car place where I bought my car. They were taken and sent to me prior to my going to buy my Nova, so I don't think it's even still there. But yeah, sure don't see many of them anymore........thankfully!!! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Yup........... nuthin' wrong with purple!! Love the richness of the deep purple. Nice ride.

Ric

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Royal Purple is the colour and the shade changes with the light. I bought "Wild Thing" with the paint already done but have since changed out pretty much everything else. I am not so sure the colour would look good on most cars but on a Nova it works beautifully. Enjoy!
Thanks again, I'm REALLY enjoying it!!! It's kinda funny, to start out my wife wasn't much about me gettin a car. She told me it's fine but it will be your car. I said well ok, but will you ride in it with me? She said she would......

Now everytime we go somewhere in it, guess who is smiling and pointing out the people :waving:and giving us :thumbsup:.... :yes: :yes: :yes:

And, she was the one who brought up going cruisin Sat. nite too!!! :D Sooooooooooo........I'm not the only one having fun with it!!!

Yup........... nuthin' wrong with purple!! Love the richness of the deep purple. Nice ride.

Ric
Thank you and all the others for the nice comments. The car was and is everything I wanted when I started looking.

Thanks again! :)

FYI _ I now have a 750 Holley on it. Wow! What a dif. that made!!! I just thought it ran good with the 600 Edelbrock on it........ :eek: :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice score dude! Enjoy it! Welcome to the site! You will find all the info you need on your new ride right here.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts