Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrapping up a bunch of interior work...just cant bring myself to putting the drivers door back together with this stiff ass window. I cleaned and greased it to death. Still takes a ton of effort to raise and lower. Last time I tried this was on a 72 Blazer and I managed to break the glass. Any advice would be appreciated!!!!!!!

·
Registered
423 Posts
They can be buggers!
Since you've greased it to death already, I'd suggest either something bent on you and now that friction and/or a roller has s&^t the bed and causing the hard crank.
Assuming you haven't already removed it, do so and do a close inspection. You'll soon see these things aren't rocket science and the offending jam will likely reveal itself readily. If not a bend, replacement parts are fairly readily available.
There's what....4 screws holding it on, if I remember? (there's videos on line to help if needed). Dig in a little deeper and let us know.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I am very surprised at how little video help is out there. I figured there would be a bunch but nothing so far on just replacing the regulator. I see the four bolts that hold the main body in. I am wondering of there is a way to R and R the reg without removing the window from the door. Also, does the whole vent frame and track have to come out as well?

·
Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
529 Posts
I removed and reinstalled my door window regulators and they were not that difficult. Remove the screws holding them to the inner door and move them around inside the door to get the rollers free of the tracks then they will be free to come out. I think I started with the window about mid position and when the rollers were free I pulled the window up and taped it in position.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. That method worked great. I did not get the results I was hoping for as far as smooth operation. Still feels bindy in the same spots, I dont see much in the way of adjustment points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts