Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy all!
Wow - looking some posts over, I see I have some homework to do to do a proper intro...:D

I'll lay this out there - I'm a 2nd owner to a 72 true SS that I bought for $2000 in 1982. I've just completed 5.5 years doing a ground up rebuild!!!!! Had only about 30 days of drive time before the snow flew - RATS... Original stock was a 200HP/4bbl - now sporting a 405+ "ish" (no dyno yet) that 'growls' with the best... :devil: Took a nephew for a spin and he gleefully said "It just sounds so ANGRY!!!" That one made my year!

Have a few odds and ends to finish up to call it 'done' - if that will EVER be true... But....

Q: would someone like to see the OUCH pic first to see how bad the cancer had eaten out the bottom or the AHHH pic after all the blood, sweat, n tears??? :)

ADDING ALBUM LINK - Finally got it uploaded...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Howdy all!
Wow - looking some posts over, I see I have some homework to do to do a proper intro...:D

I'll lay this out there - I'm a 2nd owner to a 72 true SS that I bought for $2000 in 1982. I've just completed 5.5 years doing a ground up rebuild!!!!! Had only about 30 days of drive time before the snow flew - RATS... Original stock was a 200HP/4bbl - now sporting a 405+ "ish" (no dyno yet) that 'growls' with the best... :devil: Took a nephew for a spin and he gleefully said "It just sounds so ANGRY!!!" That one made my year!

Have a few odds and ends to finish up to call it 'done' - if that will EVER be true... But....

Q: would someone like to see the OUCH pic first to see how bad the cancer had eaten out the bottom or the AHHH pic after all the blood, sweat, n tears??? :)
Post both pics... we love em all:yes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK - Pics coming

I'll begin at the ending then - from the inside out... :cool:

Here' the new power plant and the CPP powerboost brake system

-and-

will this sucker even fit in there??? :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now the Shiny Parts!

New chrome on bumpers, new top, spent weeks polishing the SS trim! Had to go with 17s with lo-pro tires to handle the CPP big brake kit (now w/ rear disk)...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! You done good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Loaded Up A Project Album - If anyone wants to check it out...

I tried to load Oldest first but the doggone album flipped the order... oh Well...

The 5 Year + Plan... Click Me What 'cha think?

·
Registered
207 Posts
You did an outstanding job on the restoration. Welcome from Texas !

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
hello

Hey Welcome to THE Best GM X body sight there is; STEVE'S !:yes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome to Steve's!! Wow I went through your album, can appreciate the huge amount of work that has went into your car! And how cool is it that you have owned it 32 years?? The pic of it back then, was it a high school driver?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts