Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I was a kid. An older gentleman in my neighborhood had a black muscle car. And it was loud. And it was cool. One day he stopped by and my mom said I could go for a ride. Well as soon as we were out of sight from my mom. He stopped and did a big smokey burnout. I thought this was the coolest car ever. And he said it was a 72 nova. Fast forward to 2012ish. And I decided I wanted a hotrod. But didn't have a ton of money. Yes I know hotrod and no money don't mix. So I had around a grand saved and looked at what I could afford. I looked at getting a third gen Camaro because it was complete and was drivable. When I came across a 72 nova, but it needed everything. Luckily my wife said "All you've ever said is that you wanted a 72 nova so get it." So I drove to Kansas city and looked at it. He actually had 2, and when I looked one was a k code 72. So I was thrilled to find a true SS car. Well I bought it, parked it in my shop and life got in the way. Kids, farm, etc. Now I've decided it's been long enough and it's time to get started. So I've ordered all new sheet metal and dropped it off at a body shop. He is going to hang the quarters for me to get them straight then I'm going to bust out the sanding blocks. Here is day 1 of the build.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Progress has been slow. Stripping the car down to get ready for surgery. The bodywork guy wanted to fit the quarters to the doors, and the doors had some cancer. So decided to get new doors(old but new to me). Now he can get started on making it new again.

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Best to get all the rust out, especially in the rear quarter/inner/outer wheel houses. When I was 15 or 16, I had a friend who was a year older that took us for a ride in his '69 SS 375 HP, bench seat, 4 speed, 4.10 gear Nova with nitrous. I've like Novas ever since. Good luck with yours. I'm sure it will be done before you know it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Yea I'm putting all new quarters trunk wheel houses etc. I know its a marathon but I'm ready to see some new metal on it.

·
Premium Member
3,586 Posts
Best of luck w9ith your project. There are a lot of people here with a vast amount of knowledge should you need any advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts