Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I started cutting, I test fit the new Goodmark roof skin on top of the 72. Of course without being able to lay it completely down in the drip rails and window channels do to the old skin still on the car, everything looked correct. I got the old roof skin cut out, prepped roof skin supports and drip rails, punched the holes for welding and slapped some weld thru primer where it was needed. I got the new skin on and of course it doesn't fit properly . I have been fighting this thing for days and can not get it to lay down in the drip rails properly... when it's clamped down flush in the passenger side drip rail, it's raised up and in on the driver side. When I shift it to fit flush down in the driver side drip rail, it raises up and in on the passenger side. I've tried c clamping and vice gripping the entire skin and I still can only get one side to lay down flush in one drip rail at a time. I tried clamping one side and forcing with a push and pull motion with no prevail. I ended up making a few small dents on this damn thing from trying to work it in and now I'll need to fix that too :mad:. Has anyone had this problem before? First picture is of the passenger side in the drip rail sitting down flush. Second pic is driver side raised in the up and in direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is a up close on the driver side. When I try to clamp down on it, the roof skin starts to bend down because it is sitting on the drip rail radius/curved section under the skin.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts