Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow nova restorers,

I realize that traditionally rear nova quarters rust around the wheel lip area and the lower bottom. Mine have rust in both areas the left rear is rusted through at the bottom while the fender lip area is easily repaired. I purchased a rear patch panel for that. Now the right hand side is rusted around the wheel lip about a 6 to 7 inch section off center towards the door jamb. I am asking those who have replaced quarters recently if there old quarters might have some good sheet metal in that area? I plan this winter to repair my rust and get the car painted. I would also like to stretch the wheel well to accomadate for the 14x32 inch slicks so I need around a 4 inch section out of the center wheel lip area to do the job along with another section to repair the rh wheel lip. I know that I could buy some half quarters to do the job but would still need some additional wheel lip from a donar car to stretch them. I thought I would ask here and see what happens since I have some time before I plan on doing the work.

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fellow nova restorers,

I realize that traditionally rear nova quarters rust around the wheel lip area and the lower bottom. Mine have rust in both areas the left rear is rusted through at the bottom while the fender lip area is easily repaired. I purchased a rear patch panel for that. Now the right hand side is rusted around the wheel lip about a 6 to 7 inch section off center towards the door jamb. I am asking those who have replaced quarters recently if there old quarters might have some good sheet metal in that area? I plan this winter to repair my rust and get the car painted. I would also like to stretch the wheel well to accomadate for the 14x32 inch slicks so I need around a 4 inch section out of the center wheel lip area to do the job along with another section to repair the rh wheel lip. I know that I could buy some half quarters to do the job but would still need some additional wheel lip from a donar car to stretch them. I thought I would ask here and see what happens since I have some time before I plan on doing the work.

Thanks
Mark
If I'm not mistaken,you could use the wheel lip off of a front fender and make it work. Maybe someone else will chime in. Might be easier finding a decent front fender lip than a good used quarter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts