Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the old radiator support come out through the front once bumper, filler,grill, etc are removed? Will i need to take off 1 or both fenders? If anyone has done this i would appreciate any hints that will help.
I have a new support from classic and a pretty griffin radiator to go in.
Thanks

·
14,584 Posts
It will not come out with the fenders attached. I had to remove one fender to get enough room to work it out. You may still have to loosen the other fender some.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Any other hints will be appreciated. Just joined this site and already getting answers!!!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Thanks. Any other hints will be appreciated. Just joined this site and already getting answers!!!!
You will also have to remove battery tray and the frontof the wheel wells connect to the core support plus there are braces underneath that go to fender and core support IMHO it is probably better to just remove everything and install new core support and replace everything from there

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
You will also have to remove battery tray and the frontof the wheel wells connect to the core support plus there are braces underneath that go to fender and core support IMHO it is probably better to just remove everything and install new core support and replace everything from there
+1

what he said. when you have the front clip off, its a great time to clean, paint and detail everything!! :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts