Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there more than 2? My car was originally a six cylinder car, and I knew the V8 cars had a bigger radiator, so I got a V8 hold down (top plate). I got a radiator from Alumitech (23" core size) and where the rubber peices are supposed to be, are about 1/2" too narrow per side

any help is appreciated

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Both the 6 cylinder and the small block radiator are the same size, around a 22inch core. On the correct radiator you can use either hold down plate, the difference is in teh fan shroud. The 6cylinder has somewhat of a fan guard made onto it and the small block is set up for a bolt on shroud. That's the only difference. A big block radiator is bigger, but it dosen't mount the same way. It actually bolts to the radiator support.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Yes they are different from 6 to V8 to BB from 69-72, but the 73-74 are also different at least the GM part#'s are. I have the #'s if you need.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
I used a radiator support from a 70 chevelle and trimmed it to fit and cover the whole top of the radiator.It looks factory.
Greg

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I used an 80's camaro radiator and a cover from a 75ish omega with a/c. Had to drill new holes for the cover to bolt to. Used riv-nuts and that looks factory too. The cores on the radiators are the same, I just can't remember the width

1 - 5 of 5 Posts