Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased a 73 nova coupe and the previous owner cut off the full quarter because of collision damage. I have the cut out piece and a lower skin but the tail panel and trunk weather striping areas are slightly bent, and the rear quarter window channel was cut out. I know they don't make a full quarter for the 73-74 novas, but how much modification to make a 72 full quarter fit on a 73? I'm not looking for restoration quality, just good so I can paint it and drive it.

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,055 Posts
Welcome!

The area that is considerably different on the 70-72 vs. 73-74 quarter panels is the shape of the quarter window opening, including the body line in the area directly below the window. But if you still have the portion of the old quarter that goes directly below the window and it's in good shape, I think you'll have enough of the 73-74 specific sheet metal to make the rest of a 70-72 full quarter workable.

There is also a slight difference in the location of the hole for the side marker light. It's slightly farther ahead on the 73-74 quarters since the bumpers wrap around the sides a little more.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Hi nlannon . . . ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^ I say - - Ray is correct ( He Knows) , follow his lead .

Then, Look over here - - this may help , what you may need for u'r window channel. It would make things easy . And, you may want to repair u'r outer wheel house, before installing u'r 1/4 .

and, WELCOME to SNS , glad to have you here . . . . . . . jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts