Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Could I be a total pain in the rear and ask how you routed your fuel lines on your car? I like how you did the alternator bracket off of the water pump, too... I may have to "borrow" that idea.

Car looks sweet, as always. :)

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could I be a total pain in the rear and ask how you routed your fuel lines on your car? I like how you did the alternator bracket off of the water pump, too... I may have to "borrow" that idea.

Thanks x, alternator brackets setup is just aftermarket that I bought for it. Fuel line is original 5/16" hardline from front frame to tank. Hasn't starved for fuel and I'm running my solid roller 383. I have a sump for it and might buy a new tank one day although this old one is clean, just has a few dings. If I do sump it I'll run a 1/2" aluminum hardline. This car was a factory 6 cylinder car, but the 307 V8 cars came with the 5/16" fuel line also. I'm running a Edelbrock high volume mechanical pump on the engine.
'

Reactions: xMLMx

·
Registered
69 Nova, 454 BBC, TKO
65 Posts

I recently picked up these, but for my BBC, cheap but good quality, they might make one for SBC?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Beautiful car! The 5/16 fuel line is interesting when you consider that it is an 11 sec car.
Myths are broken every day

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful car! The 5/16 fuel line is interesting when you consider that it is an 11 sec car.
Myths are broken every day
Yeap it shouldn't have a problem running better than an 11.50. Hoping it'll do a high 10 like it is. On my 71 with a 406 I went from a 3000 converter and 3/8" fuel line to a 3500 converter and a 1/2" fuel line and only picked up .2. It was a nitrous cam so slow on motor and never put any nitrous. It ran 11.60 and I drove it to work everyday for 4 years. Hopefully see if I can get it to the track in the fall or spring. Only gonna take it when it's some of that good cool low humidity air and get me one run in as it will have to have a bar and it's probably not gonna get one.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I recently picked up these, but for my BBC, cheap but good quality, they might make one for SBC?
Well I'll be dipped, they do make a SBC version, and they're just as cheap. Summit Racing carries them!

Thanks for the link! Those are ridiculously cheap for what they are. I'll grab one when I dump the other motor in my car this winter (current motor has 291 heads with no accessory holes); I'd be that they're much more rigid than the factory stamped steel piece that mounts off the damn water neck.

Thanks x, alternator brackets setup is just aftermarket that I bought for it. Fuel line is original 5/16" hardline from front frame to tank. Hasn't starved for fuel and I'm running my solid roller 383. I have a sump for it and might buy a new tank one day although this old one is clean, just has a few dings. If I do sump it I'll run a 1/2" aluminum hardline. This car was a factory 6 cylinder car, but the 307 V8 cars came with the 5/16" fuel line also. I'm running a Edelbrock high volume mechanical pump on the engine.
'
That's crazy that you're able to keep the thing fed with the 5/16" line, considering how thirsty it must be on demand.

Like yours, mine was a factory 6 car with the 5/16" line. If mine wasn't full of junk and rust, I'd probably consider using it again and avoid re-plumbing the awful aluminum line that was done by the previous wrench...

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'll be dipped, they do make a SBC version, and they're just as cheap. Summit Racing carries them!

Thanks for the link! Those are ridiculously cheap for what they are. I'll grab one when I dump the other motor in my car this winter (current motor has 291 heads with no accessory holes); I'd be that they're much more rigid than the factory stamped steel piece that mounts off the damn water neck.

That's crazy that you're able to keep the thing fed with the 5/16" line, considering how thirsty it must be on demand.

Like yours, mine was a factory 6 car with the 5/16" line. If mine wasn't full of junk and rust, I'd probably consider using it again and avoid re-plumbing the awful aluminum line that was done by the previous wrench...
Yeap 850 Quickfuel with 110 needle/seats and Edelbrock high flow mechanical pump. I also put a new fuel filter before the pump and a 40 micron screen filter after. Hasn't been an issue and I have put it to 7000 or 7200 rpms many times. 4 years and about 4000 miles I think as I have it written down with all my stuff. Car pulls hard all the way thru even down low. Even running the Victor Jr., but plenty of timing, 4000 converter and 4.11 gear keep it super responsive and fun to drive on the street. She's a handful with manual steering(quick ratio).

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry didn't see it. Dynatech doesn't make them anymore for the 3rd gen. unless running the LS platform. I have put them on the last 3 Novas. Hedman Huslers fit good I used them on my 4th one back. This car has big block mounts so there is extra room around my quick ratio manual box, but they didn't hit on my last 72 with power steering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts