Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am needing to know what backspacing i need for my 71 nova, i am not putting tubs in and have factory 8.5 rear end with drum brakes. I want to put et street slicks on it but want to almost fill the wheel housing, maybe a 26" tire, but the back spacing and tire with is kind what i need to know, thanks guys

·
Registered
163 Posts
It seems all of these cars are just slightly different. What works for one won't for another. Mainly because the rearends are usually shifted slightly one way or the other.

Most people can fit a 275/60-15 with the correct wheel and usually trimming or rolling the outside lip. You just have to measure what you have really carefully and then see what the section width of your desired tire is on the wheels you want to run.

My guess would be a 15x7 w/4.5 inch backspace or a 15x8 w/5 inch backspace. The seven inch wheel will narrow the section width a little.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My car is a 72 and a 15x8 with 5"BS would be perfect with either a 25 or 27x10.5-15 MT ET street, or the MT radial 255x60-15. You really need to measure both sides of your car. My rear was offset and not knowing I only measure one side and ended up with the wrong BS at first. Or you can ensure your rear is centered in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts