Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Can someone tell me what rearend housings will fit the 72? I have been told several camero ones will, any truth? Thanks M.L.

·
Registered
112 Posts
yeah.BUT

ALL first gen camaro's are 10 bolt's, or 12 bolts, BUT a first gen 10 bolt is going to be an 8.2 ring gear size(which is a little weaker since it's 8.2 instead of 8.5, but i've seen both used for drag racing on this forum beore), all 72-75 are going to be 8.5, the main thing to look for is on an 8.5 10 bolt are the "ears" on the bottom of the centersection, hit up novaresource.com, almost all the info you need is their, the rest is in the CHevy By the Numbers books, 65-69, and the 1970-1975 volume, and some backissues of carcraft and chevy hi po performance,
Last weekend i won a "nova rear end" off ebay from someone in murray kentucky, so i went to get it, but the codes didnt' match anything in my books from the get go so i said what the hell and still went, he gave me the rear end and two old crager s/s wheels for 10 bucks, but the rear end is a 7.5 which was installed on 76 and up nova's, I Guess??, but ya never know, plus the rear end was supposed to be from a 75 and according to my book if it was from a 75 it would have been an 8.5 10 bolt, but it's a 7.5, and the codes on the axle housing don't match aNY in any of my books, so i guess it's from a B.O.P. car or something, but the dimension's from spring perch to spring perch do measure out to be a nova's, if your interested in it, pm me cuz i still have it,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts