Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to be missing some brackets. does anyone have a pic of a setup like mine? Can't find anything online.
the PS is missing something and the a/c doest line up.
There is also a bracket shown i have no idea where it goes.
Thanks!

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
The assembly manual and factory service manual will have pics, diagrams and information on the A/C. I strongly recommend picking them up for guidance with the A/C system. eBay usually has the best deals. Faxon makes quality reprints.

The A/C take 5 brackets I believe. What I see generally looks correct. I don't see the big rear adjuster bracket that comes off the intake manifold over the valve cover. There is also a small rear pivot bracket that mounts to the exhaust manifold. Do you have that one?

The bracket in your hand sort of looks like the rear power steering pump bracket that mounts to the block and motor mount.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The assembly manual and factory service manual will have pics, diagrams and information on the A/C. I strongly recommend picking them up for guidance with the A/C system. eBay usually has the best deals. Faxon makes quality reprints.

The A/C take 5 brackets I believe. What I see generally looks correct. I don't see the big rear adjuster bracket that comes off the intake manifold over the valve cover. There is also a small rear pivot bracket that mounts to the exhaust manifold. Do you have that one?

The bracket in your hand sort of looks like the rear power steering pump bracket that mounts to the block and motor mount.
thanks,
these are the only brackets I have, this was pretty stripped down when I got it.
ill get that manual and hopefully locate some parts.
thx

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ordered the nova assembly manual, but only God knows when it will arrive.
i did find another bracket that mound to the intake. Something is wrong though, nothing lines up.
I also found this bracket which I have no idea where it goes.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone have a pic of there power steering and a/c bracket setup. I'm a visual learner :)

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
The A/C compressor is sitting too far forward. You may have it mounted to the front of something when it should be the rear. Otherwise it looks like you have all the brackets.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it looks like the only part im missing for the PS is this one circled in the pic.
does anyone have one to sell me?
thx

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
That is likely the bracket you have in your hand in the pic. It very well could have been different on A/C cars. Brackets often changed with all the various bolt on accessories.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is likely the bracket you have in your hand in the pic. It very well could have been different on A/C cars. Brackets often changed with all the various bolt on accessories.
ive tried to see where it could possibly mount but there is no holes that come close, dont you just love when people take things apart, then you have to figure it out? I have boxes of crap that i have no way to identify. I hope when i get the assembly manual it shows some of them.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Now when I take stuff apart, I bag and label everything. Even then, I lose stuff and can't figure how to put it back together! My Dad had a bunch of metal tags with thin bailing wire stamped with numbers from 1 to 50. He would take stuff apart and make notes and drawings on a piece of cardboard, and tag each piece he took off. He was a helicopter pilot in the Army and I guess that's where he picked it up. There was no internet to save you then!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it turns out that bracket i had a pic of was the one for the pump. here are pics in case someone else ends up with a car that's apart.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
newstang . .. . . you may can 'check' some - or - all your "brackets" when you get your FAM . GM did stamp a lot of those 'hard-brackets' with the part numbers. (like the brackets in Post # 12) … I did buy some "power steering brackets , for my " 250ci six motor" and almost all of those brackets DO have GM part numbers stamped on them. So, I looked & my FAM has those numbers . Worth checking . and, I have found that a lot of GM (maybe not aftermarket) ,
pulleys have numbers on them. (just a lot of time - - nobody looks).
# 1 - - 250 water pump pulleys =

# 2 - - or stock GM "Fan Blades" with "part # & build dates " : one , 68 - 7 blade : one, 69 - 7 blade .
. . . 1969

# 3 - - . . . 1968

That "water pump pulley" - - I've been looking for another one - - for 20 years, now.
That "A/C Fan Clutch" . . . been looking for another one , since 1996 . Has the x-tra 'step to the w/p .

never hurts too 'write those numbers down . . . … jim

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks,
these are the only brackets I have, this was pretty stripped down when I got it.
ill get that manual and hopefully locate some parts.
thx
These are pics from my 72 factory AC car up the hill B

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts