Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this and this and installed it. The only issue posing is when I hit the blinkers its staying solid bright and not blinking. The Electric Flasher clicks like it should be working but actually isnt. I check grounds and not helping. When I disco the ground the clicking stops. I did take out the OEM gadges and just put in some classic american gadges. My front blinkers are not led nor hooked up. So perhaps there not enough load on the flasher? Should that be even though the kit should work out of the boxish? When I am trying them the car is not running. Would this make a difference? Perhaps it needs a certain voltage at all times? Please let me know what you think on what I can try.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything did work great yes. I followed everything for their guide; no cigar. Any suggests?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Install your front blinkers, Your dash indicators is seeing an open circuit and telling you there is a bad bulb. has nothing to do with the taillights or flasher.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont have dash indecators? The dash panel is gone with new gadges put in. The reaction i am still getting you think is because there is a open because of my front blinkers not installed?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just had this issue on a new build for a 32 Ford with LED's. Worked fine with normal lights but not leds. Was trying to track down and went directly to a taillight and temped in the flasher, still lit solid, reversed the wiring and all was well, began flashing. Went back to the plug for the flasher and made jumpers, reversed the connections and all works as normal.

Try making jumpers and reversing the connections on the flasher

On edit...for clarity I was talking about led flashers I bought to replace the stock ones........got them from speedway 19.99 ea

·
Registered
212 Posts
All you'll need is a load equalizer. Do a Google search for "LED load equalizer" and you will get more than need.

It's not uncommon on motorcycles, mainly V-Twins, that people customize their rides and one of the first things is to get rid of filament bulbs and go to LED's. Badland Electronics is one of the big players for bikes, but I just did a quick search and there are many less expensive options.

Good luck...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same issue with my wiring but not with LED. If you leave an open circuit they wont work. I had to install my front turn lights and have all wiring/lights set up before any of it worked correctly. Complete your wiring and put everything in, bulbs, flashers, ground, and fuses and see if they work then.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Did you change the flasher thats under the dash behind the ash tray? or the one at the fuse panel?

When i put my LED tail light kit in, i changed the flasher behind the ash tray.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts