Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need info for 72 Nova door latch mechanism: I emailed Goodmark on their latches. The picture shown on the web site for the years 69 & 70. It looks like mine. Goodmark said the 72 has a different part number. No one sells new latches for a 72. After cleaning & lube. I went thru (2) sets of latches & they all bind after operating appox 4 to 6 times. Also to lock & unlock. I rechecked the door face to where the latch is attached to see if it was bent. It was not. If the doors can be swapped out with different years. Why can't the latches??!!
Ed

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
My 72 has 73 doors and the latches worked. I just used a latch from a 69 to replace one in a 71 yesterday. I didn't see any differences in any of these latches, they all pretty much looked and connected up the same. I couldn't find any new latches when I looked Monday but I didn't try Goodmark. Goodmark makes a new latch? Whats the cost? RM

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
it looks like the retail price is $59.95......BUT there is a member here that might be able to get you a better price

hint.......

Nightshade

1 - 3 of 3 Posts