Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an urgent question about body bushings. I opened the package (no diagram) and sorted the big rubber bushings out. The radiator support bushings were easy enough to identify. My problem is figuring out where the thicker ones go on the frame, front or back? I tentatively put them in the front at the firewall as it makes the frame look more level with the body. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
I'm not 100%, and am 400 miles away from my car, but I'm almost positive that you have them correct. The smaller diameter ones for the radiator support, the thicker ones for the front body mount, and the thinner ones for the rear sub frame mounts.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There is a metal spacer that goes on the front also. Without this spacer, things just don't line up.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They look good to me where they are at. Made a lot of progress last week. Got the subframe primed and painted with Eastwoods Y2K chassis black with ceramic. It would have looked better had I noticed most of the ceramic settled and hardened in the bottom of the can. I dug it out and thinned it and shot a light overcoat on the frame. It looks like tough stuff. Got the Frame back under the car and 80% of the suspension back on. I need a big block sway bar. I'll get the calipers cleaned and rebuilt, painted and installed. Got the rotors touched up. All the front end will be brand new including the fast ratio manual steering gear.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Looks really good. I like your knee knocker preventers. Great idea.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am no authority by any means but we just last week replaced all of ours and what has been said is 100% from the way our instructions read. we went with the replacement Rubber ones for the Radiator Support but went the Pro-Thane route for the rest to make ours more solid but not complete like the Aluminum ones will....we have solid Motor and Trans. Mounts and wanted to eliminate ALMOST all of the Body to Frame flex but not loose the cushion they provide versus the Aluminum ones.

Randy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts