Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put 15x8 5 inch backspace rims on my 275x60x15. We have 5 leafs ...The air shock valve is rubbing on tire. Just trying to find what others did to fix problem...Thanks..

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
I agree with " C J " . . . . my air shocks 'fittings are on the sides ' & don't inter-fear w/ tires . I've been using air - shocks for over 22 years ( now on my second set) .
my rear tires = BFG - 235 / 60R - 15 on stock 'Ralley Wheels ' w/ 4.5 BS (using stock 69 Nova 8.2 - 10 bolt rear with Mono leafs) .

Oh , and WELCOME to SNS , from Arizona . . . . jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the response. What kind of shocks are the purple ones..and how long are they. I need 24 inches expanded. Thanks again

·
6,502 Posts
Thank you for the response. What kind of shocks are the purple ones..and how long are they. I need 24 inches expanded. Thanks again
These were made by Delco and are part of a kit called a Jac Pac 175. The kit has an underhood compressor that runs on engine vacuum and has an underdash controller to increase or bleed off air to the shocks.

This system was made or labeled under a"Load Leveling" kit and on mine it is being used to compensate for when I have the trunk loaded with stuff going to car shows or when empty going to cruises.

On the Gabriels on my 73 I put them on back in the late 70's and also bought the upper shock spacer made out of aluminum from Mr Gasket and eventually I will have new springs made. Luckily there is a local compamy called Saint Louis Spring that can dial in the arch if it is not enough or if it's too much and would not have to ship them out of town to get dialed in. Years ago I never thought of changing the springs and air shocks were the rage. Good old hindsight.

As to how long the ones I have are, is anyones guess. I never measured them.

Jim

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Jim . . . . .. The "Jac Pac " looks very cool & I've never seen one . You never fail too have & post some really strange (cool) pictures of u'r Nova's .

Thanks . . . I may never see another one . . . . . jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts