Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 68-72 nova with a small block running a drivers side low mount alternator bracket?? I just ordered one from alangrovecomponents.com. I found some forums with people having them on there nova's but they have been earlier nova's.. I have the long water pump.
Let me know if anyone has one, I'm not positive it's going to fit.:confused:

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I have one on my big block and it works great but it is a short water pump too but there is quite a bit of clearance but I went with the CS130 alternator. Hope this helps some.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
My 69 has one made by a friend; it's very tight between the block and frame.The belt must be near-perfect in size because there is only an inch or so of adjustment.

It uses a turnbuckle to adjust tension.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bowtie0069,
Do you have a short or long waterpump?? And is it close on the back side or on the side of the alternator? Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Do you have a short or long waterpump??
Well, actually I have an electric pump, but the guy who made the bracket used it with various pumps. I added some spacers to it so the pulleys lined up.
It's a little more work to squeeze it in down there, but it never spits the belt off anymore. I have a friend who has his mounted low on the drivers side, and even with a MAJOR misalignment, and wobbling around from too thin material used, it never throws belts at 8600+ rpm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Bowtie0069. My crank pulley looks like it is at least an inch thicker than yours so that might help. I guess I will just have to wait and see.. I should have it in a soon as I get the motor finished. Hawk1 what brand of brackt did you try? Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Brandon the bracket I have was made by Hampton Blowers. He supplied my blower setup and offered the bracket. All aluminum and polished. Just no workie for the front crossmember cars. I know it'll work on the older Novas without the front crossmember.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys I finally put the engine in the car and put the alternator bracket on. It fit's and looks sweet. I need to take the bracket back off to paint it and when I put it back on I will post some pics of it. And I will also get the alangrove part number.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts