Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The horn relay in my 72 Nova has honked it's last horn. The relay is no longer available from GM or the aftermarket from what i've found. My local GM dealer said all 72 chevys used the same horn relay. I picked up a new one for an impala from hubbards impala parts, but it does not look anything like the original and has a third terminal on it. i went to the AC Delco sight and the part # I have only goes up to 1971 per their info online. Can anyone tell me if this relay will work or what others might cross over. The Delco part # is D1756. or GM #12339248. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Horn Relay

Check out classicindustries.com. They have the horn relay in a reproduction. The # is HR634 Cost $ 9.95. They should have it for you.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Interesting. CI lists HR634 as a 72-73 relay. But I was under the impression that the relay used on 72's was used on 72's only and no other years. Maybe the 73 component will work, but is not techincally "correct"?

·
14,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
horn relay

Classic Industries was the first place I tried. They say the part is discontinued repro and orig. They said they quit making it right after their 2005 catalog came out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts