Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what some of you guys have come up with for bumper brackets for fiberglass bumpers on 68-72 novas. i was going to take the plasma cutter and a drill to my stock bumper brackets to lighten them up or make so new ones out of sheet metal with the plasma cutter. also considered welding some simple ones out of small square or round tube or cutting some out of sheet metal aluminum. my fiberglass bumpers also dont have any of the mounting tabs or holes that the stock brackets use. just wondering what you guys with fiberglass bumpers have done or if anyone has some good ideas.

thanks
Ian

·
Registered
55 Posts
It sounds like you will have to drill holes anyway, so I would just round up some of those chrome button head bumper bolts, and make some brackets out of angle aluminum.
I just got my 74 bumper done last night, I pulled out all of the 5 mph sub bumper crap, moved the outer bumper back about three inches and remounted it on the home made brackets, took about 3 hours all together. I had it a little easier because there were tabs on my outter bumper.

Good luck
Mike

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea. didn't think of using angle aluminum. ill see what i can come up with.

thanks
Ian

·
Registered
34 Posts
How did you make out with the brackets??I've got a set(2) that I hole sawed years back-I have not had my hands on them recently but if you'd like I can see if I can find them.You are about 1-11/2 away.If I can put my hands on them you can have them. Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts