Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you experts. I have a 72 which had the aluminum trim around the door window frame and quarter windows. When I bought the car it only had the quarter window left trim on it. There is no trim on the door frames now so when I use the painted trim for the quarter windows, do I need something on the door? Probably asking the question wrong.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Quarter trim

If you are using the outer quarter glass trim that is painted body color there is normally no door trim. if I understand your question correctly.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Just to add, if your car has the aluminum on the quarter windows they are not an 'overlay' like the door frames. What this means is that you will either need to add the aluminum overlays to the doors, or remove the aluminum moldings from the quarter windows and replace them with painted ones.

BTW, the repro aluminum set from Corvex is excellent....

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just went through replacing all the aluminum trim on the door frames and 1/4 windows on a 70 2dr. It takes a little finesse to install, but it's a good fitting repro trim (Corvex). I ordered the set through Chevy II parts.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Agree, I got mine from Joe Grom at Chevy II Only as well - he's a good guy!

·
Registered
96 Posts
FYI - I have a set (both left & right door) top trim pieces that I didn't need. Did I mention you have to install them with some finesse... I bought a 2nd set. If any one is interested, let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts