Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I give up. I have replaced the temp gauge 3 times. Sending unit twice. I have 12 volts to the gauge. I have continuity from the sending to the gauge. I have a ground to the gauge. Cant make this thing work to save my life. Car doesn't run hot but I like to have everything functioning. Any suggestions? I have checked the sending unit with an Ohmmeter and can get change when I heat the unit by warning the engine and watch the ohms change as the engine cools down. And no, I do not have teflon tape on the threads of the sending unit. Any help is appreciated
. Thanks

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,055 Posts
Welcome!

What type of problem are you experiencing with the gauge? Is it not working at all? Or reading too high or too low?

The FAQ on the Lectric Limited site has some good info about testing & troubleshooting GM temperature gauges. Follow the "It's Not Working (General Problems)" link and the first two topics under that heading cover the temperature gauge.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1968 - 1972 Nova Shift Boot Ring and Retainer For Cars Without a Console!
For new premium quality, heavy chrome plated shifter ring & retainer for 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971 and 1972 Chevrolet Novas equipped without a console and with a manual transmission.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are you sure you have the correct sending unit? Some are made for lights and some are for gauges. May be something to look into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts