Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pretty close to pulling out the original floor that came in my 72 4 door as its pretty rusted out in the center of both the front pans and rear and been looking in the market for floor pans and a ballpark estimate for a replacement with installation. While on a completely different note I discovered that the 2 door rear bench seat actually sits farther in than what the 4 door does while looking at the package panel for when I touch the sound system. I am now finding this a concern as I'm interested to know if the bench seat bottom brackets sit differently on the two models mentioned. I more or less wanted to get a full floor pan that covered the trans tunnel, back brackets and of course front half of my four door for a means of future proofing the underside all together but now I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off cutting the pan off a bit before the bracket so I can install my seat without an issue? Any thoughts?:confused:

·
Registered
1974 Nova, 1977 Nova
2,056 Posts
The floor pans are the same for 2 & 4 door.

I'm not 100% certain on the hooks that are welded to the floor to hold the lower/front of the rear seat cushion, but I think those are the same too. The rear seat cushions are different between 2 & 4 door. But I think the framework under each style of seat cushion is configured to fit with the hooks being in the same relative location on the floor pan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The floor pans are the same for 2 & 4 door.

I'm not 100% certain on the hooks that are welded to the floor to hold the lower/front of the rear seat cushion, but I think those are the same too. The rear seat cushions are different between 2 & 4 door. But I think the framework under each style of seat cushion is configured to fit with the hooks being in the same relative location on the floor pan.
Huh, well that's something interesting to take note. And now that I think about it I actually have a spare bottom seat cushion from when I had took some parts off a 2 door that was getting scrapped. At the very least I can take some measurements and mock up how everything sits and when I go through with the floor pan see about the location of the brackets and go from there. Any-how thanks for your thoughts, hopefully this will go alright after all!:yes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts