Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I posted this on ls1tech but that sure seems to have changed. This has been my go to site now.

I am building a 71 turbo Ventura with a 4l80e. I have a vintage air setup but I am going to try and use my stock compressor off of the lq4. It is not variable displacement. I also have a Fahler turbo log manifold with a Vsracing 80mm turbo, deka 80s, sloppy stage 2 cam and am probably buying the Holley Terminator X.

I'm need to keep the A/C so:

1. I'm thinking down and under the converter for the driver side and the A/C compressor under the log would be ideal but too close to the log manifold?

2. Down and forward driver side, I bought a swap shorty header, and up and forward passenger side with the truck manifold. Still have the low position on the passenger side for the A/C.

I am using the Bandit's thread for inspiration.

Any ideas as to the better plan? Not possible to keep A/C?

I've searched and have not found a thread that has been able to do this.

Thank you,
Bill

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
We did it in my thread. It was tite. Used a corvette header on pass side. I ve since abandond the turbo aspect of my build in favor of a kik ass 427ci NA motor. I dont know if the site is dead lately or just my thread, but your prolly better off on ls1tech in the hybrid sections or maybe even the forced induction section. I used a Sanden s7b10 mini compressor with Kwik performance low mount passenger side kit. Its alil pricey, but fit well. There isnt much action in here anymore. Kinda sux for the amount of effort gets put in for a detailed build thread. I dunno, prolly just my $.02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts