Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are changing the vent rubber on doors, where can you get replacement rivets for pivot, they have to be drilled out to take vent glass out of frame.thanks in advance, louie

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
i actually got mine from my local muscle car place they had them in stock..

and when installed them back i just lined the bottom up on top of a centerpunch and hit it from the top with a hammer and it mushroomed out prefectly

btw be careful when you line up that washer on top of the spring i did mine the wrong after i hammered on my rivet and it only allowed my glass to open 1/4"..lol

if you cant find them i can get you desert muscle car's ph# here in town

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Did you find good clean rubbers for your vent windows or are you using repops?
Last time I used repops, there were big gaps around the pivot. Took them back out and found good clean old rubbers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You want to try to use original rubbers, the repo's do not fit very well. Find a good set clean them good then rub brake fluid on them that will make them look almost brand new again.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
my repops fit great, the rubber is real strong. the metal tabs that bend over the frame could have been made a tad better but over all im very happy..i thin i paid 64.95

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your input, i would like a phone number, we are using reproduction rubber, fit is fair, all the old rubber is as hard as a rock. has anyone found good new rear 1/4 window channels that run up the post, our new ones are too soft, the window binds on the nylon piece/guide that is on the post channel side of the window,the new channel guides rubber is already peeling, bunching up . i cleaned and painted my old for now, thanks in advance, louie

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
hotvwnut said:
has anyone found good new rear 1/4 window channels that run up the post,
Louie, I used repos on my 71 and they are junk as were the vent window rubbers. From some of the comments, maybe the vent window rubbers have improved.
Anyway I had found a guy in PA that rebuilt them but I never used him. I remember posting his info here but that was years ago and I'm sure that thread is long gone. A couple of people here used him and they liked his work. I don't know where I would have info and at that time he did not have a website. You could call NNN and ask Wayne what he does on his restorations if no one can find this guys info.
Good luck, Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you all for the help, we used aftermarket rubber, fits good, just need the rivets, thanks again, louie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts