Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question here...I hope ;)

I'm trying to remove the instrument cluster and can't see behind it to tell how the speedo cable fastens onto the speedometer. Is it a clip? Does it thread?

Any help will be appreciated!! :)

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
It is a bit a trick. There is a hoop that the end of the speedo cable goes through. You have to press it against the back side of the speedo cluster, then pull the cable off. Maybe if somebody has their speedo out, they can snap a pic for you so you can better understand what I am talking about.

Randy (it takes 2 hands, but only one will fit....):confused:

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Just had a thought (not that common with me ;) ! Is it possible to disconnect the cable from the tranny then pull the whole thing through the firewall? Has anyone ever done that?

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
speedo

You can dc from the tranny but its just as easy to dc from the back of the speedo its kinda tricky if you take the two bolts out from under the steering colum pull down on the steering wheel then pull the cluster out a bit you can see alittle bit better on how that clip works but to take it off the tranny you need to pull it through the fire wall by removing the rubber gromet then pulling it through

1 - 4 of 4 Posts