Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Hugger orange with Chevelle SS stripes

Votes: 11 33.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm getting ready to do the body work and paint on the 71, and can't decide what I want to do to it. Do I repaint it satin with the Yenko stripes, Satin with Chevelle style SS stripes, Satin with Ralle Nova stripes, or do I paint it Hugger orange with one of the above options? Man, I need like 5 Nova's cause I want to do all of them, If I do the Chevelle stripes, they'll be satin as well, but in white. What do you guys think? Also, if using the Yenko stripes would you change to the 69 style tail and side marker lights, or just leave it alone?

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Gotta go hugger with the Chevelle stripes.

Tiny

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i've always loved the way your car looks, i would stick with the satin and yenko stripes

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The trouble with satin is you can't buff it out!:no:

Hugger orange and Yenko stripe it!!!!:yes:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
How about flat black with a hugger orange stripe!:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually thought about taking a set of Yenko stripes to a decal maker and having a stencil made and doing a one off color like orange or red or silver on the satin black. Maybe something sbutle like high gloss black stripes on the satin, or use silver/white to 'ghost' them on. more options, just what I don't need. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, if I leave it flat, I can paint it on the cheap, and maybe buy some TT II's with painted centers. I like the straight spokes better, but the II's are the only ones available in the backspacing I need.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I can post more if this is a welcome idea, but given the list in the poll- it might not be.

I would rather see you stripe or accent the car in a way that allows it to stand on it's own. I'm sure your car is awesome enough. When I see 69 Yenko stripes (which are great looking) on a later car- there just seems to be a clash. Chevelle stripes on a Nova does the same thing for me.

Here are some examples of stripes and accents that look cool, but don't borrow directly from anything with a specific association.

I think this is pretty cool

After the one above, I kinda dig the side stripe on the Bank Note from Street Outlaws.

Those two examples above kinda remind me of **** Harrell influenced stripes.

Plenty of other non DH cars had similar style.

Here are a few more cool looking sides.

I probably threw too much for one response, but to me- these are cooler than clone stripes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts