Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have a 71 nova 2 door that is in dire need of rear left and right quarter panel replacement i met a guy whos gona gut out a 71 ventura and pretty much junk the body its a 4 door ive been told, would i be able to use those quarter panels off the ventura for my nova??

·
Registered
259 Posts
a 4 door rear quarter would only be the same from about the top edge of the trunk lid to the back of the car. The rear window / sail panel area has a higher slope and of course the rear door starts just above the rear wheel well. It would work if you only need to patch the back half just behind the wheel well. I bought the rear half of an NOS 4 door rear quarter for my 2 door and the back half is the same.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
It's not the part you can see, it's the stuff you will see when you take it apart. There may be a bunch more sheet metal that has problems. The trunk drop on the inside of the quarter, and the outer wheelhouse are common areas that go along with the quarters. The good news is they are not all that expensive and with a few tools can be installed by a patient amateur. Me be one of them.
When you are looking at sheet metal, or anything else on line for that matter, add the cost of taxes and shipping as part of your comparison.
You can look at my photo book link and see some pix of my quarters being replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts