Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks Mike. Not sure on a color yet. I've got a while to think about it. More than likely it will be a red. I do like the dark gray metallic colors though but many are done that way now. Black might be cool too though.

The interior will be mostly stock more than likely. There aren't a lot of aftermarket options available and a full custom is not evenly remotely in the budget. Probably just some nice seats and then OE replacement stuff.

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
Thanks Mike. Not sure on a color yet. I've got a while to think about it. More than likely it will be a red. I do like the dark gray metallic colors though but many are done that way now. Black might be cool too though.

The interior will be mostly stock more than likely. There aren't a lot of aftermarket options available and a full custom is not evenly remotely in the budget. Probably just some nice seats and then OE replacement stuff.
If you are considering Black, another option could be the new Black from Ford. I believe the son said it is a Fusion only color, and it has all kinds of colored sparkles in the paint/clear. From back a ways, just looks Black. In the sunlight it just glitters...really fantastic. Not over powering either.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Was watching your build on I think Pro-touring.com. I really dig the metal work the car I'm sure will turn out fantastic.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Great looking build. I have two questions which hole did he put core support in, and when he welded rod to fix gaps did he smooth it out with anything or is he that good to just grind it smooth?

Thanks keep it up

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Great looking build. I have two questions which hole did he put core support in, and when he welded rod to fix gaps did he smooth it out with anything or is he that good to just grind it smooth?

Thanks keep it up
Thanks! I'm not sure which hole the core support is in. I didn't look at it that closely when I was there. From the pics I noticed the radiator support seems to be at a little more of an angle than I remember but it could be the angle. It's also been way too long since the front end was all on the car :eek:.

I did check out the door edge while I was there. They look really good both front and back edge. You can't tell anything has been done really. He tig'd on some rod that must have been very similar in diameter to the door edge. Little grinding and it is seamless. I think the extra gap work will make a big difference in the end.

·
Registered
988 Posts

Thanks keep it up
MY core support on my 72 is bolted in the middle hole

·
Registered
111 Posts
Gotta love the car !

Man my car is 80% done and I thought I had done a lot of work. You really have a project but its looking great. Be looking for more pics in the future.:turn:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Been a while since I've had any updates but progress has resumed at Holohan's Hot Rods...

Kudos to Marcus at SC&C who helped me a ton with suspension decisions. Very knowledgeable on this topic. Very much worth the call if you want to understand the pros/cons of the various offerings. The G-link and Fab-9 have been delivered. No pics of install yet but maybe soon.

The T56 Magnum has been installed to begin the tunnel work. Well... there used to be a tunnel there :D

I'm glad I sprung for the nicer Speedtech crossmember. A really nice piece and fits nicely.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Got a few update pics to share. Gaps are all complete now and looking good. DSE hydraulic clutch bracket installed. G-link bracketry has all been welded in.

I believe the quarter/sail seams are getting leaded soon and the tunnel fab completed and then she's coming home to 'Bama :yes: . Then me and the D/A are going to get used to each other for a bit so I can get some primer on it HA!

BTW, those trunk and floor pan welds aren't ground because I specifically asked Dan to not worry about wasting time grinding those pan welds. I can do that and save some money. Didn't want you guys to think that was normal Holohan work. I'm guessing that's obvious though from the other pics :cool:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
If I've followed your thread correctly, and you said you were making this a driver this go around, this has to be one of the nicest if not THE nicest drivers I've ever seen. It looks amazing, and honestly I think I'd be afraid to drive it when it's done lolol. Great job!!
HA. Thanks. By "driver' though I meant like not a racecar but something I could enjoy with A/C, tunes, etc. In no way will this be a daily driver. My nerves couldnt' take it HA!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hell yeah!

That's gonna' come out really nice - seeing that good work you're putting into it makes me want to go work on mine right now. It's 11pm and I'm two blocks away from her lol. But really, that work looks flawless. Way to go man.

·
Registered
276 Posts
wow WoW WOW that is amazing work, you have one awesome car in the works there. I have always thought I did pretty good metal work but this guy is incredible. I wish I could afford to go work for him for free just to learn. I now have some new standards to work towards. Keep posting pictures, I bet you are getting pretty excited.

Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great pics and a great looking build so far.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks guys. The car has left the fab shop now so it is all on me to make progress going forward :eek:.

So far I haven't done anything but I'm getting ready to order up some axles for the Fab9 housing so maybe I can make it a roller.

I'm probably also going to start getting the interior prepped and painted. Not sure yet but I'll probably POR15 it just because it is more convenient than breaking out a sprayer since I can brush it on. It will be durable and covered anyway.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Wow I've fallen behind with updates and progress :(. Here's a little one though.

I've managed to get some parts ready. Picked up the inner fenders and radiator support. Got the axles spec'd out and purchased. Then I picked up the Wilwood rear brake kit to match the front kit I had.

I got a few hours over the holidays to unbox all the G-link parts and get it mocked up. It went pretty smooth and easy since the bracketry was already installed. The kit ships with 12" 200lb springs which I don't think are gonna work. They would require 2-3" of preload and even then I'm afraid it will ride too high. I'm gonna go with a 10" Hyperco I think. It looks like with the shocks within the manufacturer stated 13-14" minimum length at ride height and utilizing all the G-Link adjustments to lower the car, a 15" wheel lip is even with the fender lip. That's a pretty good height I think. When I get the 18" wheels they'll tuck some and that's what I'm after.

So the bad news... I was hoping to defer the cost of the center section for a while for cost reasons. Well, after getting the rear mocked up I'm a little afraid the center might come too close to the rear tunnel. I'd rather know this now than later so I guess that'll be my next purchase. When that happened I stopped on the rear mockup since I'll just have to take it all back apart once the center arrives.

In the meantime I've moved on to the front suspension mockup.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Unbelievable work John. I hope you store all the pics somewhere safe. This thing better end up in a magazine article. Beautiful. I am so jealous. Don't let the metal work guy get away from you. That is the best I have ever seen.

I think it's safe to say most of us wish we could do this quality work to the unseen parts of our cars, let alone the new suspension stuff you are putting.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THE WORK YOU'VE DONE IS

THIS BUILD IS AWESOME! :yes:
:thumbsup:

41 - 60 of 96 Posts