Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 71 nova and converted it from drums in front to single piston calipers. I moved the brake hose bracket to the top of the frame from the original side placement. Does anyone here know the proper brake caliper hose? Where I can purchase them from? The 15.5" caliper hoses in the kit are too short, this is the size all parts stores have.

New brakes.jpg

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Go to a parts store and have them pull a hose for a 71 Nova with disc brakes and see if it is longer than the one that came with the kit. If you used a kit to change over to discs, the hose that came with it was more than likely ment to be used with the metal line and braket in the drum brake position on the side of the subframe

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Go to a parts store and have them pull a hose for a 71 Nova with disc brakes and see if it is longer than the one that came with the kit. If you used a kit to change over to discs, the hose that came with it was more than likely ment to be used with the metal line and braket in the drum brake position on the side of the subframe
I agree with Wade --- put the bracket back on the side , I was going to move my new brake hoses ---- but, used the SAME position as the old (drum) brake hose. Been working there for over a year now.

Drum (rubber) front brake hose

New front disc brake hose -- mounted back in same spot. DID NOT use the "vise grip position".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks all, I can't move the bracket back to the side, the hard line doesn't bend around the frame with disc brakes. I'm going to try Speedway Motors they have some 18" hoses i'll try. Auto parts stores around here were no help at all.

I was also thinking I don't have the motor, trans fenders and hood installed. Maybe once the weights on the front end they will fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts