Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and seen a lot of old threads about moving the bench seat back. I've searched ebay and others and not sure I'm using the right keywords. Does anyone know of or have a current link to adapters to move the seat back a bit? Not interested in making some, if they can be bought relatively cheap.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Great because I just found this and it wasn't what you wanted to hear, I don't think:

Third gen Seat Extenders - From Dec 2011
I tried to find bench seat extenders for my 71 as the bench is very nice but I am 6' 4" instead of just redrilling the floor or something. So I searched hi and low and finally found a set of extending brackets for a third gen through Year One. they were 2.5 by 5/8 C chanel with square nuts welded in two places and two other holes drilled in them, the idea was to bolt them to the floor and then bolt the seat brackets to the welded nuts which are two inches back, I got the seat out and realized that they wont fit the floor board and the seat wont bolt to the bracket(the holes dont align) but it gave me an idea for just some angle iron bolted to the floor with bolts sticking up through it 2 inches further back for the seat brackets my homemade brackets worked and were no where near 119.99 for two 20 inch pieces of c channel. I sent the Year One brackets back.
just make some, it was a piece of cake and you can still make the carpet look great.
Carcass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts