Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Banditt - 1971

Engine: 400 SBC - Made 605 on motor (93 octane), 748 on 100shot and 50/50 mix 93/116 octane.

Body/Exterior: Glass front clip, flat black paint.

Front End: Stock sub frame, tubular control arms, unisteer manual rack, aerospace components brakes

Transmission: T400

Rear End: 8.5 10 bolt with lots of mods

Exhaust: custom by me with Borla mufflers

Wheels/Tires: Telestar Terminators with MT meats

Interior: stock with upgraded dash and shifter

Electrical: spagetti

Accessories/Options: lots of go fast goodies

Sound system: who needs one when you have an engine that sounds this good

Additional Comments: it makes lots of noise and isn't good on gas

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Nice Ride! That burn out shot was crazy cool!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Welome from Wisconsin.
GM sure didn't make 'em like that!
Nice.

·
Registered
645 Posts
car looks sick as can be...been down the strip with it yet? should be pretty quick!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
car looks sick as can be...been down the strip with it yet? should be pretty quick!
Yes. I am fighting traction issues but right now the car will run a 6.43 on a 150 shot progressed in very slowly. If I get my traction problem solved it should run consistent 6.25 with the current setup. I'm hoping to go 6 flat on a 200 shot.

The car comes off the line and plants the tires really hard but at about the 60ft mark the suspension unloads and I start to spin badly. As it sits I can only release the trans brake at around 2700 instead of 4500. I leave the line on motor only and begin bringing the juice in at around 1.4 seconds with progression to 100% over the next 3.

Keep in mind this is only a pump gas car that I can drive to work. The guys I'm going up against are all running 14.5-15.5 compression ratios and even though they say their cars are streetable they are never driven. I think I'm running pretty strong for what it is.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
BEAUTIFUL RIDE AND NICE TOUCH WITH THE B&W PHOTO'S! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Banditt - 1971

Engine: 400 SBC - Made 605 on motor (93 octane), 748 on 100shot and 50/50 mix 93/116 octane.

Body/Exterior: Glass front clip, flat black paint.

Front End: Stock sub frame, tubular control arms, unisteer manual rack, aerospace components brakes

Transmission: T400

Rear End: 8.5 10 bolt with lots of mods

Exhaust: custom by me with Borla mufflers

Wheels/Tires: Telestar Terminators with MT meats

Interior: stock with upgraded dash and shifter

Electrical: spagetti

Accessories/Options: lots of go fast goodies

Sound system: who needs one when you have an engine that sounds this good

Additional Comments: it makes lots of noise and isn't good on gas
Where did you get those hood pins to lock the hood? Anywhere you know of that I could order them? I'm having trouble finding them. Thanks

1 - 20 of 42 Posts