Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know what the rubber strip that goes around the headliner that trims the roof is called? also, where can i buy it :D

i got the original but its pretty roached out.

·
Registered
407 Posts
unfortunately

well, hopefully someone will correct me if im wrong but last I hear you had to be very carefull when taking these off as nobody reproduces them... yet. Maybe someone like ground up or classic industries will know?:(

·
14,584 Posts
It's called windlace. J.C. Whitney carries it and I'm sure that some of the big aftermarket companies must carry it. I've seen it advertised on e-bay also. Try googling windlace. I believe the proper name is pinch windlace.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Getting windlace isn't an issue, the trouble is finding the big diameter stuff. I got what I was assured was the correct windlace for the over the door and quarter window, and what I got was a product that is "U" shaped rather than more round with an offset slot and grossly undersized. I ended up reusing the front and rear lacing and have to figure out how to rejuvenate my other pieces.

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
Not a nightmare, a challenge. A nightmare would be finding a radiator for a 1920 Rickenbocker for a gut like Paul Senior on Orange County Choppers.
Finding parts for old cars is part of the "fun". With all of the parts available we all get used to having most anything available. Fact is, unless there is a huge demand, manufacturers can't make a buck, and our particular windlacing is marginal at best.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the problem i run into is around my area. is all the old timers snatch everything up but never actually rebuild or sell anything lol.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i still have a couple of the pieces.... anyway to recolor them? dye? any specific kind?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Clean them real well, as in scrub, with simple green. Rinse well, let the suckers dry, remember there will be water in the groove, then paint them with an interior specific spray paint. For whatever reason, simple green does the best job in prepping the surface. I tried degreasers, interior soaps and orange based cleaners and the paint didn't hold for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts