Chevy Nova Forum banner

341 - 344 of 344 Posts

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,375 Posts
GanoMan, Based on some of your posts in a new discussion that you started, it seems like you figured out your fuel delivery issue from this discussion (350 dies when in drive).

When you have a moment, can you post the resolution (cause + fix) on what solved your fuel issue so your engine ran better while driving.

I'm very curious on what you did to resolve your issue.
Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
Yes. Sorry for lack of response. So I ended up changing a section of crimped fuel line. New filter and most importantly I dialed my carburetor floats in.

I was having an issue where gas was dropping in the fuel line. As if there was a tiny tiny air leak and it wasn't staying in the lines.

I was having to prime the brand new carb if it sat longer than 3 days. And multiple times when I drove it around, the car died. I always just need to add fuel and then off I go.

I also have a fuel line hose running from the pump to the chrome arb line. So I will be changing that as well.

It all seems fine as of now. I will be changing the entire fuel system with new this winter. It seems worth it to me.

I still have an issue with my throttle return spring though. It doesn't pull back enough so the rpms are just a touch to high. I am going to be purchasing a bracket to relocate the spring.

I have learned so much on this thread I will probably be coming back to ask questions. Thank you all so much.

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,375 Posts
Thanks for the update!

341 - 344 of 344 Posts