Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
13,805 Posts
'Correct coding on 12 bolt that matches the cowl tag' Anybody ever seen a 12 bolt coded on a cowl tag?

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
'Correct coding on 12 bolt that matches the cowl tag' Anybody ever seen a 12 bolt coded on a cowl tag?

Bob
I think that is a misstatement. I emailed him for pictures of the cowl tag and VIN. We'll see what the cowl tag says.

Wonder what's with the bolt in the trunk?

Why can't any of these cars be close to me to look at?? Looks like something I'd be interested in.

·
Registered
None, searching for the right one
10 Posts
It was listed on eBay. Doesn't have any paperwork that details options. Seller stated that it hasn't been driven for some time, would need a complete mechanical go through/restoration to be road worthy. No details on the repaint, other than it was originally shadow grey.

·
13,805 Posts
I wonder what kind of story is behind that over stamped engine suffix code.

B.

·
Registered
None, searching for the right one
10 Posts
Looks like the J is stamped over some other letter. Maybe an O or C?
I looked at a bunch of GM codes, maybe started life intent for a truck engine and GM restamped for passenger car.

·
13,805 Posts
It's back on eBay. Lots of answers needed on this car. I've never seen a Flint engine suffix code stamped like this one. Over stamp for sure and not even an attempt to make it look legit. Changing color from Shadow Grey probably wasn't a great idea, either, and nullifies the 'numbers matching' claim. Maybe the unseen paperwork provides some answers.

1970 Chevrolet Nova | eBay

Bob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts