Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i was wondering if 70 nova's were available in a bright orange, the new johnny lightning series has a 70 Nova with BRIGht orange and black stripes down the hood and trunk lid, NOVA's never came from the factory with those tripes correct? how about dealer installs' ? also could u of gotten a nova in hugger/huggar orange in 1969/1970, just wondering, figured johnnny lightning's usually were pretty accurate in their car's, anyways, just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of an orange 1969/1970 nova, i also know of a guy with a nova online that's from canada.....forgot what year his was but he said he got a special order ......orange nova,

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Orange was added to the 70 nova line up as a spring time promotion. Yellow and citrus green were added at the same time. Production seems to start around 06B. Orange novas before that date. Would have to have a -- paint code. You could special order in most gm colors. Even the orange used on state construction trucks. Earl

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
the stripes on the hood and deck lid were not to my knowledge ever installed from the factory on a Nova...they were a Chevelle, Camaro thing....;) :)

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
The memo on the 'spring' colors of h.orange, s. yellow & c.green came out in April of '70, with production following shortly thereafter. So, the bright orange is indeed a factory color, although I believe the trim tags have standard paint code #'s as opposed to 'special' paint codes of ' - - '.
M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts