Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellas, does anyone out there know if factory AC will work/fit with a 454 engine on a 70 Nova. I recently purchased a 70 Nova (orig V-8, code: 114) with a 454 engine and factory air (evaporator and blower only, no compressor) but I don't know if it will fit. It's really tight in there, there's actually a small crack in the evaporator box where it touches the heads and short valve cover.

I'm currently installing a Edelbrock top end kit and I can't get the heads off without removing the evaporator box.

So now I'm deciding do I remove the factory air and install an aftermarket AC with components under the dash. Or do I try to make the factory AC work. I'm not stuck on having factory (SS clone daily driver), looking for an AC solution that will work and not break the bank.

Doing a little research on the internet and I can't find any pictures of Nova's with 454 engine and factory air. Maybe there's a reason for that.

Thanks for any input. This is my first classic car and my first post so don't beat me up too bad if this is a dumb question:eek:.

George70SS

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I believe it fits, because the 1st gen Camaro came with the BB and AC. You maybe better off researching the Camaro to be sure all the AC parts are the same. It will be very tight with factory AC. An aftermarket unit might be the better way to go and to free up some space.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts