Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got alot of great useful info here when I was ordering my wheels so now that I have them and they are on the car I would like to show them off and give back some of the fitment info..

The rims are 17X7 front and 17X8 rear Centerline Sundance Meteor's.
I went with a 5" BS for the rear and 4.25" BS for the front.

The tires on the front are 215/ 50 17 and the rear are 245/45 17's..

I have no complaints at all about the fitment.. I have a completely stock suspension and the rear quarter lip is still there.

No rubbing issues at all front or rear.. I have about 3/4 to 1" of space left on the rear between the tire and the lip..

Here are the pics

I think I need to lower the front now about an inch.. Let me know what ya think please..

Rear lip

Front wheel well

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
1,996 Posts
They look great. I too used the information found on here and ordered my wheels yesterday. I got close to the same size as you did. I hope mine fit as good as yours did. I am pretty sure you meant 7" wheel in front and 8" in the rear.

·
Registered
242 Posts
My daughter and I did the same thing as well. We ordered 17 x 7, 4.25 backspace with 215/50/17 for the front and 18 x 8, 5.25 backspace with 255/45/18 for the rear. We ordered the trusty ole ttll's with bfg g-force tires.I wanted her to go with a different wheel, but everytime I showed her a picture of ttll's she said "I like those", so I said OK.

The 255/45/18's are 27" tall and the 215/50/17's are 25.5" tall, and will work good for our car.

You did a great job choosing your tires and wheels, car looks great. Do you think you could have fit a 255 on the rear?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They look great. I too used the information found on here and ordered my wheels yesterday. I got close to the same size as you did. I hope mine fit as good as yours did. I am pretty sure you meant 7" wheel in front and 8" in the rear.

Thanx guys.. Yeah the ole typo.. I fixed it.. 7's in the front and 8's in the back

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My daughter and I did the same thing as well. We ordered 17 x 7, 4.25 backspace with 215/50/17 for the front and 18 x 8, 5.25 backspace with 255/45/18 for the rear. We ordered the trusty ole ttll's with bfg g-force tires.I wanted her to go with a different wheel, but everytime I showed her a picture of ttll's she said "I like those", so I said OK.

The 255/45/18's are 27" tall and the 215/50/17's are 25.5" tall, and will work good for our car.

You did a great job choosing your tires and wheels, car looks great. Do you think you could have fit a 255 on the rear?

Thanx.. Yeak I think I coulda went a little wider in the rear but it looks good to me and I don't have to worry about rubbing issues..

The Centerlines I bought are their Billet series.. They makle them when you order them.. It took a long time to get them an I complained alot about that but in the end it was well worth the wait..

I really think I need to lower the front about an inch now though..

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Sporty do you have power steering? About the only difference in size that I ordered was a 235/45/17 tire for the front which will be about 3/4 inch wider. I don't have power steering so I am a little concerned about that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sporty do you have power steering? About the only difference in size that I ordered was a 235/45/17 tire for the front which will be about 3/4 inch wider. I don't have power steering so I am a little concerned about that.
I do have power steering.. scott

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I like the stance as is, but the pics can be deceiving. If the rear angle shot is true and it sits level I would leave it, but if the front is up a bit, I understand why you'd like to lower it. The wheels work well with you choice of exterior color and graphics, neither draw too much attention or distract the one from the other. You made a good choice IMO!:yes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like the stance as is, but the pics can be deceiving. If the rear angle shot is true and it sits level I would leave it, but if the front is up a bit, I understand why you'd like to lower it. The wheels work well with you choice of exterior color and graphics, neither draw too much attention or distract the one from the other. You made a good choice IMO!:yes:
Thanx.. Yeah the front looks to be a little higher than the rear in person. An inch or to lower in the front might do it. I can get 1" lowering springs from summit for about $130.00 but most people are saying go with lowering spindles. The issue there is I have front drums.. I would guess that most lowering spindles are going to be for disc.. I guess I could go the cheap way and buy the spindles from summit and new rotors and calipers from autozone or something.. Not really into that.. Then that would just grow into needing a new master cylinder and booster..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Scott

The lowering springs would for sure be the biggest bang for your buck to accomplish what you are wanting for now.

I'd do that for now, then someday down the road go for drop spindles or adjustable coil-overs, disc brakes, tubular control arms and all that cool stuff when your ready for a complete frontend overhaul.

Or I suppose you could spend a little more and get the coil-overs now, then you would be able to continue to be able to use them later, even if you do the other upgrades. I'll quit brainstorming now, sorry.

·
Registered
242 Posts

I have 245/45/17's on the front of my 70 Nova.
Big block with no power streering.
Great feel on the road but it is a bitch in a parking lot..

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
I have 245/45/17's on the front of my 70 Nova.
Big block with no power streering.
Great feel on the road but it is a bitch in a parking lot..

Scott
Yeah may have to get one of these John Deere steering spinners

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have a photo front right behind the car? I just want to see how wide the tires look from behind

I took this shot. Please let me know if you need another. It was cloudy and drizzling rain the day I took these. Just pulled the car out of the garage long enough to see the new wheels in the light.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I really like those wheels. I vote for the lowering springs. It will improve the handling as well as lowering. Some of the lowering spindles limit your rim sizes too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts