Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the thread on all the different wheel back spacings and tire sizes, but I want to know what in a 15" wheel is the maximum width and what back spacing I can use on a stock set up with cal-tracs, with out rubbing or clearance issues, also I would like to know tire size too I would like to stay as close to 26" tall as possible. thanks

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
a 15x8 with a 4.5 ( 4-1/2 ) backspace with a 235/60/15 mt dragradial will fit. the drag radials i mentioned are 26" tall :yes:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I went through this already and the guys on this forum were great:clap: I ended up getting a 15x8 rear wheel with a 5.5 "5 1/2 " backspace and I fit a 28x10 slick which is equivelent to a 275/60/15 I have lakewood drag shocks on the back and single leaf spring. I must tell you I did have to modify the inner fender liner very little with a hammer to clear the tire from rubbing on the inside but it clears the the 1/4 panel and the wheel lip completely.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I totally agree with 67 Shoebox. I have a 69 nova, got on here started reading, searching, reading some more, asking questions. Everyone told me a 275-60-15 would fit on the rear of my car. I bought some MT Et streets 275-60-15. They fit under there perfect, really fill up the fender wells. The wheels I have them on are weld draglites 15x8 with 5 1/2 backspace.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts